Joining our team:
As the cycling industry continues to boom, this is a very exciting time to be joining ZyroFisher and being part of this growth opportunity is a great way to fast track your career.
Aside from offering a fantastic discount on all the amazing products we distribute, there are lots more benefits to being part of the ZyroFisher team. Because our people really matter to us, we offer our employees lots of rewards and benefits and the list continues to grow, but here we name a few;
- Flexible hybrid working patterns,
- Generous holiday entitlements plus bank holidays,
- Contractual sickness benefit and pension contributions,
- Discounted outdoor wear with partner brands,
- Life milestone gifts (marriage, significant birthday, new baby, etc.),
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay,
- Length of service awards,
- A range of training and development opportunities,
- Cycle to work and staff purchase repayment schemes,
- On-site parking at HQ,
- Casual dress,
- Free tea and coffee,
- Employee assistance programme,
- And every now and again our managers like to treat their teams to lunches out or an array of sweet treats.
Due to Altura’s continued growth we are looking to appoint a Garment Technologist on a permanent basis to join the friendly, close knit Altura Design and Development Team at ZyroFisher at our Darlington headquarters in the Northeast of England.
As Garment Technologist you will be responsible for the approval of garments as well as all the technical aspects associated with approving multi-disciplined technical cycling apparel, and accessories ensuring the brand requirements and commercial goals are met in an effective and diligent manner. You will be working on new products and seeking to develop existing ones using your understanding of technology, materials and manufacturing.
Key parts of your role include and are not limited to:
- Conducting in-house fit sessions, balancing speed and quality; making commercial decisions with confidence; owning the fitting process and inspiring trust and confidence from colleagues and suppliers.
- Working closely with the Altura team to agree and set relevant testing requirements and to ensure that fabric selection is appropriate for the designed performance requirements of the product.
- Setting and managing lab test requests and approvals with suppliers.
- Sending clear, concise and accurate comments to suppliers, processing samples in a timely and agile manner in line with critical path timelines.
- Liaising with the design and commercial teams, as well as suppliers, to offer technical guidance on new product development with the aim of reducing costs and improving quality.
- Building strong relationships with suppliers to implement and maintain Altura standards in the aim of reducing sample submissions needed.
This is a fantastic opportunity which will suit an ambitious individual who is keen to learn and challenge best practice with new ways of thinking. You will be extremely organised, be deadline focussed and have a keen eye for detail.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in a similar fast paced role is essential.
- A technically oriented qualification, preferably at degree level, is essential.
- Multi-product experience is essential.
- Cycling and/or Outdoor experience is preferred but not essential.
- Confident and strong individual, with ability to manage their own fit sessions and workload.
- Comprehensive understanding of fitting and fit issues is essential.
- Pattern cutting knowledge and practice is very desirable alongside knowledge of grading and grade rules.
- Experience of working directly with factories, and understanding of factory production, including workflow and production control.
- First class communication skills.
- Able to travel overseas when required.
- Able to meet new challenges with a positive attitude.
- Strong time-management skills; able to prioritise tasks and change direction with agility.
- Confident using Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Keen to expand skill set as the role demands.
- Drive and implement a continuous improvement mindset across the business to ensure the continued success and growth of the brand.
- Always promote quality, whilst maintaining a strong commercial attitude.
- General sample housekeeping and organisation
- A keen interest in cycling and / or action / outdoor sports
So, if we sound like the company for you and you think you're ready for the challenge of this role, then we can’t wait to hear from you!
Please send your C.V and covering letter to email@example.com. No need for lengthy essays, fireworks or fancy introduction video….simply make it easy for us to read how great you are and why you’d be the perfect fit.
All applications treated with the strictest of confidence. Applications will be held on file for a maximum of 6 months for internal purposes only. ZyroFisher is an Equal Opportunities Employer.